Until you are in the middle of a very important meeting and power goes off immediately, you might never know the importance of a generator! The power of the best portable solar generator cannot be under emphasized.
For those who like holiday trips to places with no electricity connection, then the best option is to get a portable solar generator which is powerful enough to charge smart phones, tablets, power banks, laptops and other small electronics.
My main aim of this post is to enlighten you about the best picks when it comes to portable solar generators. Below is my best pick of the top best portable solar generator that you might consider buying as we approach the year 2018.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Portable Solar Generators: Comparison
- 2 Best Picks of Top Rated Portable Solar Power Generators
- 3 1. EasyFocus Portable Solar Generator
- 4 Highlighted Features
- 5 Pros
- 6 Cons
- 7 2. SUAOKI Portable Solar Generator
- 8 Highlighted Features
- 9 Pros
- 10 Cons
- 11 3. Webetop Portable Solar Generator
- 12 Highlighted Features
- 13 Pros
- 14 Cons
- 15 4. Kalisaya KP401 KaliPAK Portable Solar Generator
- 16 Highlighted Features
- 17 Pros
- 18 Cons
- 19 5. ACOPOWER 150Wh/40,800mAh Portable Generator Solar Power
- 20 Highlighted Features
- 21 Pros
- 22 Cons
- 23 6. iRULU Portable Solar Power Generator
- 24 Highlighted Features
- 25 Pros
- 26 Cons
- 27 7. Renogy Lycan Powerbox – Portable Solar Power Generator
- 28 Highlighted Features
- 29 Pros
- 30 Cons
- 31 8. Fnova Portable Solar Power Generator
- 32 Highlighted Features
- 33 Pros
- 34 9. ROCKY 750 Portable Solar Generator
- 35 Highlighted Features
- 36 Pros
- 37 Cons
- 38 10. ACOPOWER 400Wh Portable Solar Generator Power
- 39 Highlighted Features
- 40 Pros
- 41 Cons
- 42 How to Choose Best Portable Generator
- 43 Final Verdict
- 44 More Resources:
- 45 Share this:
Best Portable Solar Generators: Comparison
|Generator Name||Brand||Weight||Editor Rating||Price|
|EasyFocus Portable Solar Generator||EasyForLife||7 pounds||9.9/10|
|SUAOKI Portable Solar Generator||Suaoki||5.5 pounds||9.7/10|
|Webetop Portable Solar Generator||Webetop||3.5 pounds||9.5/10|
|Kalisaya KP401 KaliPAK Portable Solar Generator||Kalisaya||13 pounds||9.3/10|
|Acopower 150Wh/40,800mAh Portable Solar Generator||Acopower||3.3 pounds||8.5/10|
|iRULU Portable Solar Power Generator||iRULU||3.5 pounds||8.3/10|
|Renogy Lycan Powerbox - Portable Solar Power Generator||Renogy||66.1 pounds||8/10|
|Fnova Portable Solar Power Generator||Fnova||5.7 pounds||7.5/10|
|ROCKY 750 Portable Solar Generator||Rocky Mountain Renewable Energy||15.4 pounds||7.5/10|
|ACOPOWER 400Wh Portable Solar Generator Power||Acopower||12.3 pounds||7.5/10|
Best Picks of Top Rated Portable Solar Power Generators
The table having provided us with comparison of the top 10 different brand models of portable solar power generators, a detailed review of each and every types will help us definitely analyze and make a decision for which will suit you when making a purchase according to the intended use, whether outdoor, emergency case or just home use.
EasyFocus Portable Solar Generator is the best ideal companion for both indoor and outdoor power requirements. It features: 500W UPS, 3 120V AC outlets, 4 USB charging ports up to 6.2A, 4 12V DC power ports up to 10A, 12V 26Ah / 288WH rechargeable lithium battery, Power Source with 4 USB, 4x12V DC and 3x110V AC Outlets, a sola input charging port. It comes with a switch control for each output and an LED display for battery power.
With a huge limit of 12V 26Ah/288WH rechargeable lithium battery, the EasyFocus portable power generator, lets you effectively achieve the AC and DC control for all your sorts of gadgets. the LED light can be utilized as a torch just incase you don’t own one. You can keep the generator outdoors with temperratures ranging from – 10 Celsius to 40 Celsius.
- Pure Sine Wave
- Rechargeable lithium battery of 500W UPS
- Extra accessory of MC4 Cord
- Consists of an Overload, and a Short circuit protection Fuse of 8A
- Rechargeable by multiple inlets, solar panel, wall power adapter, by car
- Portable, hand handle for easy carrying
- Small size and light weight
- Long Back Up Time
- Longer life expectancy
- Offers surge protection
This portable solar power generator features 220Wh/20,000mAh with 100V/110V/60Hz, Max 200W AC Power Inverters, 12V/5A DC & USB Ports. The generator is charged by DC Input/Solar Panels. SUAOKI Portable Solar Generator has a cleaner sine wave that produces cleaner current therefore preventing crushes in gadgets.
It’s a pure sine wave with Flexible and portable power source accompanies by a 2*100V/110V AC outlets, 2 USB ports, 5 LED lights indicators. With a high capacity power of 20,000mAh high limit, sufficiently effective to charge cell phones 20+ times, control bank with a USB port, portable workstations, and many other unit gadgets.
With the inbuilt Battery Management System (BMS), it enhances battery use, avoid over-present, over-voltage and over-temperature, drag out battery life; a helpful handle and aluminum composite shell make it more secure.
- Battery Management System (BMS) which enhances battery use
- Cleaner Sine Wave
- 5 LED lights indicators
- A high-density lithium-ion battery
- Aluminum composite shell make it more secure
- Produces cleaner Sine Wave
- It is compatible with more gears
- portable power source
- Compatible with any power solar panel
- High capacity power
- Only the DC outputs function, inverter and USB ports cannot be run without solar input.
This power generator incorporates assortment of ports, 110V AC outlet with a sine wave max 100W, top power 150W. Has a 3* 12V DC ports which incorporate cigarette lighter connector for auto controlled gadgets. With a powerful AC, USB and 12V DC outputs, it’s ideal for emergencies, camping etc. This unit is with biggest power limit 42000mAh in the market. It consists of a Small scale portable and high capacity 155WH 42000mAh lithium particle batteries and weighs 3.48lb making it easy to carry anywhere.
Webetop Portable Solar Generator is effectively rechargeable in the sun, wall outlet and car. It is intense with brilliant driven flashlight, can change to flicker mode, useful for outdoor light or crisis. It utilizes BMS (battery management system) to enhance battery use.
- Effectively rechargeable in the sun, wall outlet and car
- Incorporates assortment of ports
- Utilizes BMS (battery management system) to enhance battery use
- Biggest power capacity limit of 42000mAh lithium ion batteries
- Consists of powerful AC, USB and 12V DC outputs
- Produces cleaner Sine Wave
- Easily rechargeable in the sun, wall outlet and even car
- Yields high capacity power of 42000mAh
- Light weight of 3.48lb
- Does not come handy with a solar panel
Lightweight model with utmost effectiveness, the KaliPAK 401 is prepared to discreetly improve your off-the-matrix involvement with its solid sun powered board and battery control. It is fitted with a Bluetooth transmitter and the KaliApp enables you to screen the PAKs utilization level, guaranteeing that you will never be all of a sudden left without power.
Kalisaya KP401 KaliPAK Portable Solar Generator incorporates all highlights recorded, keeping its flexibility in one versatile unit. It accompanies our Mini Powerkit—an AC/DC divider charger, auto lighter connector and 40W sun powered board.
- Comes handy with 4X USB ultra-quick energize ports for charging to four gadgets 2X 12V DC ports for lighting
- Lithium battery with high limit
- Android and iOS app for system monitoring and evaluation
- Comes handy with a solar panel
- Easily rechargeable in the sun, wall outlet and even car
- Produces 384 Watt hours of energy.
- Comes handy with USB ports for charging devices
- 12 V DC “cigarette” ports for charging
- Comes handy with a powerful solar panel for recharging
- Fitted with an Inbuilt Android and iOS app for system monitoring and evaluation
- Its Weighty with 13 lbs
It can charge USB/5V, DC/9~12.6V and AC apparatus and has 3 different approaches of recharging that is through a wall AC socket, an auto cigarette attachment and sunlight based solar panels. With high battery limit of 40,800 mAh, this power generator is sufficiently effective to be utilized for outdoors
It is fitted with a 2 AC outlet, 2 USB port, 3 DC port and an additional cigarette lighter attachment. Has an LED panel which conveys information about the control unit, power consumption usage and even as a cautioning light.
It’s fitted with a Battery Management System (BMS) to enhance battery usage, counteract over-present, over-voltage and over-temperature.
- Lithium-Ion battery of, 40,800 mAh, 3.7V
- Universal standard 12 DC plugs with 5.5mm OD, 2.1mm ID
- Comes handy with a USB 5V 3.1A
- Fitted with Power, Cigarette Lighter Socket and Adapter
- LED Control Panel
- Powerful battery capacity of 40,800 mAh
- Multiple charge units; the sun, wall outlet and cigarette lighter socket
- Cool and less noisy fan
- cleaner Sine Wave
- Portable due to Light weight with a 1.5 kg
- Users expressed their dissatisfaction by citing a slow charging speed
Portable Power Station 155Wh Power Generator with 12V DC and 110V AC Output, Charged By Solar Panel, Car Charger
With a 3 DC outlets, 3 USB ports and one AC yield, the iRULU power generator enables you to productively charge each sort of gadget. It can be recharged through sun based solar panels unit, or by connecting it to a divider outlet for 7 to 8 hours or even by utilizing the 12V auto cigarette lighter yield. Despite its light weight it offers immense power appropriate for outdoor activities and charging small gadgets like phones and laptops.
The inbuilt Battery Management System (BMS) conveys broadened security from any circuit, voltage, temperature or over charging issues that interfere with connected gadgets.
- Ultra-bright LED flashlight
- Fitted With 12V DC and 110V AC Output,
- lithium polymer battery of 155Wh
- Inbuilt Battery Management System (BMS)
- High battery capacity of 42000mAh
- Light weight (3.5 lb}
- Tripple way charging system using solar panel, wall outlet, or car cigarette lighter output
- Free 24-month warranty from time of purchase
- Power and voltage Tracking
- Some noise occur when using AC device
If there is a generator built for everyone then it is the Renogy Lycan Powerbox Portable Solar Power Generator. Built with wheels to enhance portability can be be used for camping and charging gadgets while powering your house in incase of a blackout.
It is charged by solar, a wall socket unit, or a an auto socket of 12V auto charging attachment and can produce up to 1075 watt of hours. With the custom lithium-press phosphate battery permits more cycles in the life of your battery-Up to 2000 cycles.
- AC and DC output buttons allows juggling between the two output modes
- lithium-iron-phosphate battery allows 2000 cycles.
- Enhanced wheels for portability across any terrain
- Provides interchangeable option a full extra battery on hand for easier reloads.
- Has 3 Different ways to charge; charged by solar, a wall socket unit, or a an auto socket of 12V auto charging attachment
- Allows for Solar Input up to 300 watts
- Has a replaceable LiFEPO4 Battery
- Enhanced wheels for portability
- It weighs about 60 lbs, is a considerable weight as compared to other solar generators
This unique solar power generator works by applying a system called H.V.M (high-level voltage multiplier), which is higher than common power batteries under the same or comparable capacity. It is built in S.E.C (brilliant vitality control), embedded with keen power processor. Gives ceaseless DC to ultra unadulterated sine wave more focal points than sine wave）AC to control up significant unit apparatus
With a high limit quality polymer Lithium battery of 60000MAH it has a flexible output and multiple recharging options from the wall unit socket, direct sunlight solar panels which do not come with the generator and a car charger
- high limit quality polymer Lithium battery of 60000MAH
- Embedded with smart power processor
- Fitted with a system of H.V.M(high-level voltage multiplier)
- Made from aluminum alloy cautioning it against drop
- Anti explosion and better cooling mechanism
- Pure Sine Wave
- High Battery Generator Power, 60000mAh
- Charged by Solar/AC Outlet/Cars with 2AC & 4 DC 12V & 2 USB Ports
- Prolonged battery lifespan due to a system of H.V.M(high-level voltage multiplier),
- Slightly light weight (5.7lb)
- The solar generator is not waterproof and cannot be used in the rain
At 750 Wh and 1200 Watts the ROCKY 750 Portable Solar Generator will out power suitable for a crisis circumstance or even for home lighting. It is built to with a cycle life of more than 1500 charges. The high thickness lithium particle cells make the 750 Wh Rocky a large portion of the heaviness of most contending 400 Wh models.
Fitted with multi mode electric lamp which incorporates 3 brilliance modes, Emergency glimmer and SOS flag streak. Suitable to be charged by a solar panel unit of up to 250 watts which are sold independently or you can charge it off of by an AC outlet.
It has a wide range of AC and DC yields so you’ll have the power you require regardless of the gadget.
- High energy density lithium ion cells
- Fitted with Outputs for every use; 3 USB, 1 DC Car socket, DC port and 2 AC 110V outlets
- Fitted with multi mode electric lamp which incorporates 3 brilliance modes, Emergency glimmer and SOS flag streak.
- High power of 1200 Watts
- Durable Construction
- Has a life cycle of more than 1500 charges
- Multiple charging options
- Environmentally friendly
- High Battery Generator Power
- Highly portable
- Solar panel sold separately
ACOPOWER 400Wh is a light weight of 12.3lbs Portable Solar Generator which was uniquely designed for outdoors and UPS with a limit of 400wh for the vast majority of gadgets. Has a Two AC 110V yields shares 300w, DC 12V 120w auto yield gadgets. A full charge of 4-5 hours with ACOPOWER PV Panel 100w ASIN: B01586LFJ0 and Portable 105w Suitcase ASIN, another 2 routes charging by AC 110V divider outlet, or DC auto charger. MPPT charge controller included, AC/DC inverter included, 4 USB ports, 300w (Pure Sine Wave) AC 110V inverters for home hardware, 2 DC Ports for lighting/1 cigarette lighter attachment with a high lithium particle battery, more secure than ordinary Li-particle battery
- AC Output Voltage: 110VAC Pure Sine Wave
- high vitality thickness lithium rechargeable battery
- AC Adapter: 14V~40V, Car Charger: 12/24V, Solar Panel: 10A(Max)/14V～40V
- MPPT charge regulator
- Fitted with an Overload, and a Short circuit protection Fuse
- Rechargeable by multiple inlets, solar panel, wall power adapter, by car
- 2 Years warranty provided after purchase
- Portable and light weight of 12.3lbs
- High yield lithium ion battery
- Comes handy with Portable AC wall charger, Car charging cable, Solar charging cable
- high yielding lithium battery 400wh
- When compared to other models it is slightly weighty
How to Choose Best Portable Generator
If you are that person who likes outdoor activities and like travelling with your gadgets then you have to by all means have alternative power sources just to keep your gadgets alive. Or you want to always have power throughout your home in case of a blackout then you have to consider purchasing a portable or standby solar generator for your powr solutions. Below are guidelines to help you choose the best portable generator in the market.
Primed with a heavy duty handle, a solar generator can be moved from one area to another were power is needed. Therefore consider a best portable generator especially for outdoor activities. Generators with wheels provide an added advantage and will enhance movements cross all terrains for outdoor activities.
Don’t go for a solar generator that will only be used for a year and then you find yourself in the market looking for another one. Do a little bit of digging on the best solar generator that suits you to ensure you purchase a more durable generator that will serve you longer.
Interchangeable Lithium Battery
Going for an interchangeable lithium battery generator allows you to keep a full extra battery on hand for reloads because it allows for more cycles in the life of the battery and will keep your battery powered for longer periods thus ensuring you get prolonged power from your solar generator.
A warrant of purchase will caution you from receiving non functioning solar generator. Therefore always before purchase ensure that the terms of the warrant are addressed at the point of sell. It maybe 2 years of 12 months, which ensures that you don’t run the risk of getting faulty machines.
Convenience of Charging
Most of the solar generators in the market today comes handy with 3 ways of recharging; Solar Power, Car Power charging socket, AC Power. With these options you can always be sure that you will have alternative power backup in case of blackout.
Try and define your power requirement before purchasing a solar power generator. If you intend to use to power up small gadgets like phones, tablets and TV then you only need to have a solar generator with small power output. Unlike such requirements like emergency hospital machines which require enormous power thus the need for higher solar power generators.
The best solar power generator should be light in weight; this will affect the portability of the generator. Therefore a lighter solar generator can be used for outdoor activities to power up gadgets such as phone, tablets and laptops among others.
Buy a solar generator according to your ability, the market provides for both low cost and high end expensive generators. The choice is yours.
With a flooded market of all types of portable solar power generators, it is ideal that you go for the best solar generator that will serve you efficiently.
From the review of the best top 10 solar power generators your choice should be a best portable generator which provides significant power, with a pure clean sine wave that cushions gadgets from short circuits and the same time providing consistent power and with multiple sources of recharging while supporting a number of gadgets at the same time. Extra accessory should be provided on the solar power generator. The generators should provide extremely long hours of power whether they are used for outdoor activities, home use or even emergency power supplies to places theater rooms in hospitals.