Champion 46539 Portable Generator
Champion 46539 is one of best portable generator with volt guard feature.
Champion 46539 Portable Generator Review
The starting power of this unit is 4000 watts with 3500 watts of maintained rated power. The power source needed to run the 46539 is gasoline. This Portable Generator operates at 68 dBA from 23 ft. making very much less noise from its counterpart generators available in the market. Its Run time is 12 hours on a full tank of Gasoline having the capacity of 3.8 gals. The generator is powered by 196cc 4-stroke OHV champion engine. Electric Remote Control Start and battery is also included. A fuel gauge is present.
The Portable Generator comes with three types of outlets.
- 120V 30A locking (L5-30R),
- 120V 30A RV (TT-30R)
- Two 120V household outlets (5-20R).
Cold Start Technology
With the cold start technology enabled, this portable champion 46539 generators give you an ease of access to start your generator in cold weather. Will take 15 to 30 seconds to stabilize itself before giving you the electric power you needed. Whether its winter season or you are camping in snowfall somewhere at hilly areas, the champion 46539 will make you feel like a real champion.
Multi Start and Stop Options
The generator has three ways to start and stop which gives you easy choice between the modes you want to be comfortable with:
- Wireless Control: Includes a key fob for Wireless Remote Start: start and stop up to 80 ft. away.
- Touch start and Stop: The generator also comes with a battery for easy Touch Start: push-button electric start.
- Recoil start is also present.
Devices You Can Operate
This champion 46539 portable generator provides enough power to run the following devices without any problem:
- Sump pump.
- Furnace blower.
- 15000 BTU RV Air Conditioner
- The generator features Volt Guard which protects your appliances from any spikes in voltage.
- The generator is portable.
- Engine oil bottle is available with the generator.
- The generator has a durable steel frame with a folding handle.
- The weight of the generator was manageable.
- The wheels worked great.
- Optimized for cold weather means it will start easily in the winter season.
- Automatically shut off when on low oil.
- Noise generated is very low as compared to other generators available in the market.
- The 120v outlets available on this generator delivers 20amp and up to 2900 Watts and not 3500.
- In order to receive the 3500, you had to use one of the RV outlet, or the 30Amp 125v left-most outlet accessible on this unit.
- You did have to increase your speech if standing next to the generator.
- There is no 240V outlet on this generator available
- The handle placement is a little odd.
- The 12 hour run time is at 50% load.
- No three-phase or two-phase load can be operated.
- Engine power and generator productivity will be reduced roughly 3½% for every 1000 feet of height above sea level.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of the most important questions which arose in my mind while purchasing the following portable generator are:
Q: Does Champion 46539 3500 Watt RV Ready Portable Generator come with a warranty?
Ans: Yes, the Generator comes with 2 years of limited warranty.
Q: Can the remote start for Champion 46539 Portable Generator be replaced?
Ans: Yes, the remote start for this unit can be replaced.
Q: Can we add another muffler to this generator to reduce the noise?
Ans: There is no need for another muffler as the most of the noise is engine noise and will not be affected by the muffler.
The champion power equipment 46539 portable generator is the best you can get at the lower price in the market. With wireless control and with cold start technology enabled, it gives you an extra edge over its counterparts. If you are looking for a relaxed life in power outages or in cold weather, this one is specifically made for the situation.